Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost?
- Most systems start at around $ 1,500.00.
- This includes all costs for a complete installation.
- Is there a disruption to my landscaping or property?
- No, there is no disruption to lawn or landscaping.
- In most instances you won’t even know we were there.
- In shrub beds where most fixtures are located there is no disturbance.
- How are the lights operated?
- Transformers with timers &/or photo cells turn systems on and off automatically.
- Systems can also be operated manually.
- How long is the installation process?
- Most jobs are installed in one day.
- What does it cost to operate a landscape lighting system?
- The average cost of electricity on a typical system is around $ 7.00/month.
- Does the system need to be installed by a licensed electrician?
- No, this is a 12 volt system allowing shallow depth of burial, unlike high voltage which must be buried 18” or placed in conduit (piping).
- How does the equipment hold up in outdoor conditions?
- 12 volt systems are designed for wet or moist outdoor conditions.
- Are fixtures obtrusive?
- 12 volt fixtures are generally smaller and more compact then their 120 volt cousins.
- We design systems to create effects without the fixture becoming the focal point.
- Where fixtures are visble, such as pathlights the wide array of choices will satisfy everybody’s taste and be aesthetically pleasing.